This is one of my favorite recipes EVER. Not only is it super easy, but it’s cheap AND feeds the whole family… multiple times!
I am notorious for forgetting to lay out a meat for dinner, so I always keep some Hillshire Farms sausage in the fridge as a back-up. We also lean on this for dinner when we have veggies about to go bad.
I love this meal because you can literally put ANYTHING in it and it’ll still turn out delicious!
These are our “usual” ingredients, but you can use just about anything you have on hand!
- (2) Hillshire Farms Sausage
- (4) Medium Red Potatoes
- (2) Yellow Squash
- (2) Zucchini
- (1) Onion (of your choice) OR scallions
- (6) Medium/Large White Mushrooms
- Garlic, to taste
- Olive Oil
- Chili Powder
- Seasoning Salt
- Garlic Salt
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly coat two medium-large non-stick baking sheets with olive oil OR place aluminum foil over baking sheets and coat with olive oil.
- Chop all ingredients into bite size pieces. I recommend cutting veggies into 1/4 inch half-moons. Make sure the potatoes are no more than 1/2 inch think to ensure they cook thoroughly.
- Mix and place all chopped ingredients onto baking sheets.
- Coat with olive oil and seasonings to taste.
- Stir and mix all ingredients together to ensure they are seasoned and lightly covered in oil.
- Place in oven for 25-30 minutes. Depending on how “done” you like your veggies and potatoes you may take yours out sooner or leave in longer. We like our potatoes to have a slight crunch, but for our veggies to be cooked thoroughly, so 25 minutes is usually perfect!
- Top with shredded cheese or chives if you’re feeling fancy. 🙂